Kaaimans River Cottage Information Sheet
- Three bedrooms (one bedroom with a king size bed, two bedrooms with two single beds in each room ie 4 single beds total).
- We provide duvet inners, sheets and pillow inners. Please bring your own duvet covers and pillow cases. Should you forget to bring pillow cases and duvet covers, we will rent these to you at R150 per duvet cover and R50 per pillow case. This will be deducted from the deposit. There are:
- 4 single duvet inners
- 1 double duvet inner
- 6 pillow inners
- Two bathrooms
- Self Catering
- Sleeps 6
- If you would like to bring extra children, then 4 more kids (not adults) can be accommodated by prior arrangement on the floor in a large open area upstairs. For this, visitors would need to supply their own bedding. For mattresses, the lounge couch cushions are fine bearing in mind that once the kids are sleeping on them, then they are no longer available for use in the lounge. Otherwise visitors must bring their own mattresses.
- A generator provides electricity at night after dark. Petrol for the generator is for the visitors to supply. The generator uses approximately one litre per hour. We recommend that visitors also bring head torches as these are incredibly convenient for use when the generator is not running (eg if you want to get up in the middle of the night for a bathroom visit).
- Hot water, a fridge and a stove run on gas.
- There is a braai. Please supply your own braai wood/charcoal.
- A roll of loo paper will be available to keep you going if you forget to bring your own, but you should probably bring more.
- Please bring your own cleaning fluids, washing liquid, matches.
- A rowing boat and three canoes are supplied.
- We require an additional R2500 security/breakages/damages deposit for the use of the rowing boat and the house. The deposit will be returned immediately when the rowing boat is returned to us, together with the oars, the rowlocks and the anchor, in good order.
- Please bring your own bath and beach towels.